Job Details GENERAL DESCRIPTION / MISSION STATEMENT : A staff nurse in the Medical / Surgical / Telemetry (MST) unit is responsible for applying the nursing process in providing nursing care to all patients admitted into MST.
He / she must be adequately prepared by experience and training to care for cases ranging in acuity from non-urgent to life threatening and from minor to complex health issues.
He / she must demonstrate an ability to cope with extreme emergency situations while remaining calm, and demonstrate a recognition of the value and dignity of the individual without regard to the nature of the illness(es) or the circumstances leading to same.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
1. Admit patients according to established guidelines.
2. Assess patient's physical and psychosocial needs and implement a plan of care to address the needs.
3. Transcribe / implement physician orders in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Assess patient / significant other education needs and provide instruction as appropriate.
5. Participate in department quality improvement activities.
6. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
7. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development..
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control programs.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the TAMC organization.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES :
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS :
1. Current Maine Registered Nurse License or license eligible.
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS :
Must be available for weekend and shift assignments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
1. Graduate from Accredited Nursing program
2. BLS Certification within 6 months of hire
TAMC is Aroostook County's leading provider of healthcare services, an advocate for the people we serve, and the area's largest employer.
As a member of EMHS, we offer more services than a typical rural healthcare organization. From specialty services like orthopedics, cardiology, sleep medicine, oncology and radiation oncology to primary care for the whole family, we strive to offer more to the people of Aroostook County.
This wide array and services, and our skilled nursing team, make TAMC more than a hospital.
Aroostook County, bordered by the Canadian provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick, is Maine's northern most region. The area boasts a plethora of outdoor recreational activities during all four seasons.
During winter, residents and visitors can choose downhill and cross-country skiing, ice fishing, and snow shoeing to stay active.
Aroostook County also has some of the best and most extensive groomed snowmobile trails in North America, with lodging and dining establishments located along the over 2000 mile span of trails.
During the warmer months, visitors and residents take in the clean air and scenic beauty that brings Maine's slogan of 'Vacationland' to life.
Larger cities, such as Bangor, Maine and Woodstock, New Brunswick are only a couple hours away by car, and Boston is only a short flight away from Presque Isle Regional Airport.
Here, you can find the perfect balance between work and play. Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues during your workday.
Work in modern, impressive facilities. Enjoy snowmobiling, hiking, kayaking, or four-wheeling after work. Our schools are nationally recognized, traffic isn't a problem, and you can feel safe going for a walk at night.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.