LVN - Livingston OB / GYN Clinic - Full Time - Days
Position Summary :
Performs a variety of nursingfunctions ranging from giving direct nursing care, administering medication andtreatments to documenting all information.
May be assigned specific functionswithin the scope of practice, but should be able to perform all activities asassigned under direction of all RN’s, or physicians.
Position Responsibilities :
1. Collection of selected dataabout the health status of the patient.
2. Participate in thedevelopment of the plan of care with other team members and safely implementsthat plan.
3. Communicate in an attentiveand individualized manner in every encounter.
4. Verifies the patientsunderstanding of the purpose of visit.
5. Provide instruction / teachingto the patient according to the educational plan.
6. Document care provided orprocedures performed accurately on patient records.
7. Provide each patient care ina safe, comfortable and private environment.
8. Medicationreconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, education.
9. Provides direction tomedical assistants.
10. Will perform generaloffice skills including keyboarding, office computer software, filing,answering telephones, email, faxing, copying.
11. Excellent customerservice skills are needed for interacting with patients, families, andcaregivers.
12. The position may include triage of calls for urgentappointments, referrals for patient consults and testing, insurancepre-
certification and documentation.
Minimum Qualifications : Education Level
Associate degree in nursing or vocational nursing program
Licensure / Certification
Texas License Vocational Nurse
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients.
Does not require prior experience