A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris andMontgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services,diagnostic imaging, women’s services (digital mammography and bone densitystudies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) andsurgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders.
Clinicalaffiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’sRadiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children’s Hospital.
TheRegistered Nurse II practices as a full partner on the multidisciplinary team.Independently plans, implements, and evaluates patient care and performsrelated duties as required.
Assesses patient's needs for nursing care, assurescontinuity of care through appropriate discharge planning, patient educationand coordination of services, and acts as a patient and family advocate.
Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in bothpatient care provided and in development of strategies to improve patientoutcomes, satisfaction, and cost effectiveness at the unit level.
1. Demonstrates accountability forprofessional development that improves the quality of professional practice andpatient care.
2. Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team andresponds willingly to care team member needs for assistance.
3. Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change process.
4. Leads multidisciplinary rounds to facilitate appropriateness of careand smooth transitions across the continuum.
5. Effectively applies the nursing process within the framework of theorganization’s professional model of care, using the nursing process to meetthe clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
6. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into considerationthe individualized needs of the patient.
7. Effectively delegates care as appropriate while retainingaccountability for the quality of care given to patients and families.
8. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according towritten health system standards of care in order to meet legal and qualitypatient care requirements.
9. Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge,skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughoutthe continuum.
10. In conjunction with case management, develops a plan to connect thepatient and family to the appropriate community resources to meet theirpost-acute care needs.
11. Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve quality,patient safety and satisfaction.
12. Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience bybuilding healing relationships with patients, families, and colleagues.
13. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within theworkforce and seeks to mitigate as appropriate.
effectively utilizes AIDET and SBAR communication methods.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of adult learning (and / orteaching children) and applies in teaching patients, families, students and newstaff.
16. Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families tomeet regulatory requirements and effectively prepare them for the episode ofcare as well as transitions from one level of care to another.
17. Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry, and continuousdevelopment by asking for feedback and improving practice.
18. Identifies opportunities for quality improvement to colleagues andmanagement.
19. Applies evidence-based practice as a regular aspect of professionalpractice.
20. Ensures improvements in the practice setting by assumingresponsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
21. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of patient, hospital,community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintainingconfidentiality, appropriate ethical decision-
making, adherence toorganizational policies and procedures, and ensuring patient safety.
22. Demonstrates an understanding of cultural intelligence, workplacehorizontal violence and impairment and holds peers accountable for healthyrelationships.
23. Models safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyles.24. Participatesin unit-based shared governance activities while on duty.
25. Takes personal accountability for improving quality, patient safetyand satisfaction outcomes.
26. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality andeffectiveness of nursing practice.
Education andLicensure Required :
Required : ADN or Diploma
BLS required (and ACLS, if applicable)
Minimum Experience :
Atleast one (1) year of RN experience
Demonstrated competence in Registered Nurse I performance expectations or meetsexperience requirements upon hire
Minimum Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities :
Stronginterpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Sitting,standing, walking, pushing, pulling 30% - 50% of time
Twisting, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, reaching, grasping,stooping, bending and repetitive movements Up to 30% of time
Lifting up to 10 lbs Up to 30% of time
Carrying up to 10 lbs- Up to 30% of time
Working near moving parts 30% - 50% of time
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.