1. Proven experience with designing, configuring and troubleshooting complex networks.
2. Expert knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP) in a mixed environment.
3. Knowledge of VLAN technology, VTP and STP protocols.
4. Experience in Access Control Lists, Firewalls, Citrix Netscalers, VPN technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, Enterprise Wireless technologies and other security technologies.
5. Solid understanding of network routers and switches.
6. Knowledge of T1, T3, SONET, DWDM and OC technologies.
7. Experience with Metro-Ethernet technologies.
8. Experience in Network monitoring and management tools.
9. Experience in VOIP and QoS.
10. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
11. Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
12. Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergencies, program changes or production requirements.
13. Knowledge of the methods and techniques of statistics.
14. Undergraduate degree (BS) in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering (or related technical degree)
15. Relevant technical certification (current CCIE, CCNP)
16. Extensive knowledge and experience in creating and updating Network Visio Diagrams
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON JOB (List knowledge, skills, abilities)
1. Knowledge of the policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
2. Knowledge of the types and uses of agency forms.
Applicants must have at least four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in
network design and engineering.
Applicants must have their own vehicle for travel between MassDOT sites.