Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference?
Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award-winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights.
Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Job Title : Lifeguard
Reports to : General Manager
FLSA Status : Non-exempt
Summary : Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of the Goldfish Swim School by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Wears the required Goldfish Swim School uniform while on duty.
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an accident or emergency.
2. Communicate the rules of the facility to patrons fairly and consistently.
3. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
4. Ensures that medical services (EMS or other) are contacted by most appropriate means when necessary to respond to an emergency.
5. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
6. Completes accident / incident reports as necessary.
7. Maintains and clean and safe facility as directed / assigned.
8. Assists with closing and securing the facility.
Education / Experience : High School Student or above with Lifeguard, CRP / AED and First Aid Certifications. Prefer 6 months experience as a lifeguard at an aquatic facility or camp.
Certifications : Must maintain current CPR / AED, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications.
Work Environment : While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.