Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Cloud Solutions Architect
Seattle, WA; Bay Area, CA; Austin, TX; Manchester, NH
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building a next generation Infrastructure-as-a-Service that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at cloud scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers exciting new capabilities on OCI. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure team is looking for Solutions Architects (SAs) possessing deep technical skills in systems architecture and cloud computing. The ideal candidates will have excellent customer-facing skills and a passion for educating, training, designing and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customer solutions.
In this role you will enable OCI customers to easily on-board onto OCI IaaS and PaaS offerings. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will also work closely with several OCI product teams to share customer feedback, help refine product evolution and user experience.
As a Solutions Architect on the Customer On-boarding Team you will drive customer success in moving to OCI. You will collaborate across OCI and Oracle product and service teams to expand your knowledge and impact while working in a highly visible and impactful team. This role will have the opportunity to help shape the next generation of cloud computing and influence the adoption and usage patterns among enterprise and web-scale customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in deeply technical architectural discussions with customers, partners and Oracle field personnel to ensure customer on-boarding plans will result in successful customer deployments in the OCI.
• Represent OCI through deep knowledge of multiple IaaS, PaaS and Oracle application offerings.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the field and internal teams.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be OCI cloud advocates and identify new opportunities for OCI service adoption.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Demonstrated experience in architecting, deploying and management of solutions. Past experience working directly in customer implementations is highly desirable.• IaaS
• Possess 10 years of IT development or implementation/consulting experience in the software or infrastructure industries and demonstrate an intermediate understanding of applications, server technology, networking and security.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Past experience writing and publishing technical white papers.
• The successful candidate will have spent at least 5 years of their career in customer facing roles with a proven record of earning trust as well as effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and in interactions with partner and customers.
• Mid-level systems administration experience on either *nix or Windows.
• BS/MS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree with Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus.
• Business Intelligence, Analytics, SOA/Integration experience
• Experience migrating or transforming customer solutions to the cloud.
• Familiarity with common enterprise solutions (i.e., Oracle, Microsoft, SAP, VMWare, etc.)
• Experience with other cloud platform including AWS, Azure or Google Compute Platform is a plus.
• Experience with Infrastructure Automated Deployment models preferably leveraging CI/CD supported by DevOps teams
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.