Position Summary :
This position provides a wide variety of administrative, clerical, and advanced / executive level program support services, while exercising discretion, for UW-Madison Office of Compliance (OC), its Director and professional staff members.
Position Duties : List of Duties
List of Duties
Institutional Statement on Diversity :
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community.
We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit : Diversity and Inclusion
Degree and Area of Specialization :
No Degree Required. Associate's Degree preferred. High School Diploma required.
Minimum Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience :
1-3 years experience in an administrative support role.
1. Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
2. Ability to exercise independent judgment in complex and new situations.
3. Ability to work as part of a team.
4. Demonstrate strong work ethic, attention to detail, patience and positive attitude.
5. Ability to quickly learn office and campus processes and consistently and accurately perform general duties with minimal supervision.
6. Willingness to taking the initiative to identify and improve processes and procedures.
7. Excellent interpersonal and human relationship skills, including exceptional customer service skills. Ability to use tact, courtesy and discretion in dealing with a variety of individuals.
8. Skilled at managing multiple tasks / responsibilities and meeting strict deadlines in a busy office setting with numerous interruptions.
9. Produce accurate and detail-oriented work product for compliance activities.
10. Expertise in a variety of computer programs including MS Office Suite (Outlook email and calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Wordpress, Adobe Acrobat, spreadsheets and databases.
A026780-GENERAL SERVICES / OFFICE OF LEGAL SERVICES / COMPLIANCE
Work Schedule :
Full-time : Monday - Friday, 7 : 45 a.m. - 4 : 30 p.m.
Appointment Type, Duration :
Ongoing / Renewable