Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer Location : Windsor Locks, CT Pay Rate : $48.50 / HR Job Type : 12 Month Contract Schedule : 1st Shift Per Diem Split / Relocation Help : No Candidates must be U.
S. Citizens Job Description : 1. This position will be responsible for determining mechanical manufacturing methods for hardware and ensuring that the processes are available.
2. Candidate will create manufacturing assembly documentation, concepts tools, provides technical assistance, in order to assemble high quality, high engineered hardware for us in space applications.
3. Candidate must ensure processes and procedures comply with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety requirements as well as all the applicable quality requirements.
4. Must be able to perform cost estimates, work to schedules, and write procedures and policies. 5. Must be able to review drawings and concepts and resolve producibility concerns.
6. Candidate must provide technical support to the manufacturing facility as well as to the external suppliers. 7. Will support failure investigations, determine root cause of failure, and implement corrective actions and disposition of non-conforming hardware, all in support of continuous improvement initiatives.
8. Must be able work well in an integrated product development / design environment. 9. Candidate will present to senior management on various topics, be involved with, and implement additional initiatives such as ACE, Process Certification, Manufacturing Process Reviews, Lean Manufacturing and EH&S projects.
10. Candidate must possess a positive attitude and be able communicate well with staff, IPD teams & management. 11. The job involves working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems, manufacturing of components such as, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, pressurized accumulators and other hardware related with life support systems.
12. Experience in one or more of these fields is required. Education / Certifications : 1. Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering or Technology.
2. MBA or an advanced Engineering degree is desired. Experience / Qualifications : 1. Candidate must have 10+ years of experience working on the manufacture of complex mechanical systems (less experience will be considered).
2. Desired experience must include working on the manufacturing of components such as, heat exchangers, pumps, fans, & pressurized accumulators.
3. Candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment and experience in using any type of publishing software.
4. Familiarity with a modeling and / or design package such as ProE, Creo, NX, Catia, SolidWorks (Creo Parametric is desired).
5. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, machining concepts, additive manufacturing and special processing, such as welding and brazing, is highly desirable.
6. Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools is desirable.
7. Experience with an MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) system is desirable. 8. US Citizen is required.