Pharmacy Technician -in-Training
As a Pharmacy Technician in Training, you are a vital part of our wellness store team responsible for assisting the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager in serving our customers / patients and maintaining the Pharmacy department.
In order to be able to properly serve our patients and to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager it is essential that you become properly certified to assume the position of a certified Pharmacy Technician.
The role of community pharmacies in the health care industry continues to evolve as does the role of the Pharmacy Technician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned :
You are expected to successfully complete the program within 6 months of your date of hire or promotion into the Pharmacy Technician in Training position.
Successful completion of the Program is defined as completing : all Computer Based Training (CBTs), Workbook exercises, classroom sessions and obtaining a passing grade on the Final Competency Exam.
3. Perform computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to : patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
4. Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law.
5. Retrieve the appropriate medication from inventory where permitted by state law.
6. Create prescription labels and put them on prescription containers where permitted by state law.
7. Place medication into prescription containers where permitted by state law.
8. Complete paperwork related to filling prescriptions and input customer and prescription data into the computer system where permitted by law.
9. Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
10. Assist in inventory management processes including : order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
11. Administer Rite Aid programs including : FlavoRx, Living More, etc.
12. Reconstitute oral liquids where permitted by state law.
Experience / Requirements
The Pharmacy Technician currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires the following licenses and / or certifications :
Education and / or Experience
or equivalent combination of education and experience.