At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support Representative to join the Middle Atlantic Products team. The role of the individual in this position is responsible for answering customer inquiries or complaints, processing orders, researching and resolving requests to improve sales and maintain customer satisfaction.
Maintains an ongoing relationship with customers, field sales, distribution, purchasing, manufacturing and marketing. Provides day-
to-day training support for new staff.
Main Job Duties :
1. Uses professional written and verbal communications to provide pricing, availability, and schedule information within established guidelines.
Suggest additional and / or alternative products or services to meet customer needs. Researches and obtains resolution of a variety of customer inquiries.
Serves as a communication link between customers and sales staff to assure responsiveness.
2. Processes orders received by e-mail, telephone, Fax, EDI, and / or through personal customer contact. Expedites the delivery of selected orders.
Tracks order activity, and alerts appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems. Performs backend order maintenance to ensure efficient order processing.
3. Tracks order activity, and alerts appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems. Expedites the delivery of selected orders as needed.
4. Fosters open communication internally and externally and champions creative change to improve processing and service levels.
Takes on special projects. Delivers assignments within specified time allowance.
5. Completes specific training modules and department training to develop and enhance product knowledge and understanding of processes, procedures and protocols.
Provides guidance and assistance to new or less experienced staff. Documents procedures as required.
6. Supports committed accounts and / or sister-companies to ensure delivery of exceptional service and to build commitment and satisfaction while providing complete solutions / resolutions to issues.
This includes monthly responsibilities assigned such as EDI.
7. Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Basic Qualifications :
Additional Qualifications :
Knowledge of electrical concepts a plus.
Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation.
Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively multi-task.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Be proficient in negotiation and influencing skills is preferred.
Solid business acumen and awareness of how internal practices impact customers.
Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software.
Strong organizational skills.
Able to handle firm deadlines and multitasking.
Knowledge of low voltage applications a plus but not necessary.