1. Follow all safety rules and regulations of the Davey Tree Surgery Company.
2. Safe use, maintenance and operation of equipment (trucks, power tools, brushes, materials, etc.)
3. Complete an operation within the shortest time possible and to the satisfaction of the client.
4. Develop and motivate crewmembers to inspire productivity and pride.
5. Accurately complete required paperwork (time reports, etc.).
6. Promptly attend to customer needs and concerns.
7. Drive, operate and maintain assigned equipment in an efficient and economical manner.
8. Provide quality customer service
9. Ensure proper work site cleanup.
10 Use protective equipment as required by the Davey Tree Surgery Company.
11.Perform all the duties as described on Pole Treatment Labor job description.
12.Coordinate activities of workers engaged in Pole Test and Treat operations applying of preservatives according to contract specifications.
13.Perform all other duties as required.
B. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Communicate by reading relevant manuals and materials. Speaking clearly, distinctively and listening to instructions.
Communication is required from moderate (80') distances while equipment is running.
2. Understand and practice preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
3. Operate in a safe manner all equipment assigned.
4. Learn to promptly attend to customer needs and concerns.
5. Ability to react in an emergency situation.
6. Maintain clean and neat appearance
drill test bores holes and read sigometer for damage.
8. Learn to properly fumigate poles by drilling holes at various heights and filling with proper and exact amount of chemical and properly plug holes.
9. Learn to properly apply wood preserving compound, wrap treated pole and fasten.
10.Learn to excavate, when necessary, damage poles 18 to 20 inches below ground line and use equipment to remove damaged area from pole.
11.Follow all company policies, procedures and work rules.
C. EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE / LICENSING REQUIREMENT :
1. High school education preferred.
2. Driver's license preferred, may be required; depending upon crew location.
3. On the job training.