Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-
in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.
S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life’s most difficult moments.
Additional information about the department :
We are a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver award-winning care. We are looking for people who are team-
oriented and committed to learning in the fast paced acute care setting. We see all types of patients in our hospital and pride ourselves on making a personal touch with every single patient.
JOB DUTIES :
1. Evaluates patients using established protocols and precautions according to physician referral.
2. Treats patients according to plan using conventional treatment methods.
3. Appropriately completes and files all patient documentation by end of work day.
4. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and / or significant others. Uses
appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.
5. Demonstrates the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all health care
professionals and customers.
6. Demonstrates an active involvement in continued learning and provides an in-service to staff
for each course attended as discussed with manager.
7. Participates in activities which promote department operations and program development.
8. Maintains department equipment and necessary supplies.
9. Orders DME and adaptive equipment appropriately to meet the needs of patients upon
Previous experience in an Acute Care or Outpatient Rehab setting preferred.
Graduate from an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the APTA and possession of a valid Virginia license to practice physical therapy required.
Advanced training in a specialty area related to specific patient populations is preferred.