Provide mechanical construction design, technical / constructability analysis, and engineering resolution of pre-construction and construction scope gaps on projects ranging from new design / build to rehabilitation of existing facilities and systems.
Provide leadership and ongoing technical guidance to other department members. Assist with developing and implementing systems and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the department and expand Brandt’s overall mechanical engineering abilities.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to : 1. Plan and analyze incoming projects. Establish schedules and project parameters.
2. Advise on and evaluate pre-construction mechanical design systems. Ensure compliance with engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
3. Identify design, process and equipment options that can satisfy client requirements, minimize costs and limit potential operational problems.
4. Interface directly with other disciplines and coordinate with client personnel, contractors, architects, and other project team members to ensure value engineering and the delivery of high quality projects within the prescribed time frames.
5. Provide project management with engineering guidance and quality control. 6. Write technical narratives in response to RFPs and RFIs.
7. Develop standards, methods, processes and procedures for reviewing, evaluating and inspecting energy efficiency projects.
Analyze and verify all energy savings calculations and computer simulations using baseline and retrofit energy consumption when necessary.
8. Understand and utilize Brandt’s Building Information Modeling (BIM) capabilities and application as it pertains to design engineering.
9. Make and / or assist with client presentations. 10. Conduct and participate in project reviews and audits. 11. Identify, utilize and transfer lessons learned’, best practices, and key knowledge among pre-
construction and project management and throughout the engineering group. 12. Act as senior technical advisor within the company as required.
13. Drive technical excellence. Nurture a culture of creativity, safety, and quality. 14. Perform additional assignments as requested / needed.
Travel Requirements : <10% Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience :
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age (40 or older), national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.