If you're looking for work that allows you to be outside, set your own schedule, spend time with furry friends who are always happy to see you, and earn supplemental income, dog walking may be a great way to earn supplemental income! We are seeking an additional midday dog walker to serve our clients in the Middleburg and Aldie areas, most likely beginning in June.
Our busy clients appreciate knowing that their furbabies get attentive care, potty breaks, outside playtime, and love from our professional team.
Experience taking care of your own and others' dogs is required, and experience taking care of cats and other types of pets is a plus! We walk dogs between the hours of 8am - 5pm, 7 days a week, and are looking for additional walkers in the Aldie / Middleburg area to work any portion of those days.
Job Responsibilities :
1) Managing schedule to ensure that all assigned pet care jobs are completed during the scheduled time window for no less than the allotted amount of time.
2) Providing articulate, clear and concise feedback about each visit via text, notes entered into the system, and / or written notes left in the client’s home.
3) Following care instructions carefully as provided by company and / or client.
Asking for clarification as needed.
4) Feeding pets as instructed, checking and changing water as needed
5) Providing exercise, attention, playtime, which may include taking dog(s) for walk
6) Cleaning litterboxes, checking house or designated areas for accidents and cleaning up as best as possible
7) Administering medications as instructed by owner
8) Reading and interpreting animal body language, practicing safe pet handling skills, and ensuring a safe environment and encounters for yourself and the pets in your care.
9) Ensuring that all information in the system is entered accurately and in a timely manner, including checking in and out of visits, providing feedback to clients, providing information to company regarding visits / instructions / pets to ensure that client’s information is correct, and that visits are marked as complete immediately after visit is completed.
10) Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience
1) Previous pet care experience required, for your own pets and for others’ pets.
Previous experience in a veterinary office, boarding facility, or through a pet sitting company highly desired.
2) Demonstrated ability to manage own schedule to meet deadlines
3) Ability to utilize apps, and compose and send texts, on mobile phone with high proficiency
4) High level of personal organization and self-management ability
5) Excellent written communication skills
6) Pet care certifications desirable
Required Education :
1) High School Diploma
2) Some College or post high school education Preferred