while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE : MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Position Title : Compound Operator Location of Position : Glasgow, VA OFCCP Group :
Reports To (Title) : Shift Leader Prepared by : Randall Wade FLSA : Business Unit / Department : Flooring : Approved by : Date : 7 / 20 / 2018
Primary Objective : Monitor Machinery and make adjustments when instructed
Major Functions and Scope :
1. Operator is responsible for safe operation of the compounding line.2. Responsible for set up and calibration of the raw material feeders.
3. Required to make quick and accurate decisions.4. Responsible for meeting the expected production goals.5. Responsible for all product testing.
Ensure test are completed correctly and efficiently) 6. Expected to report any and all downtime related issues that may arise.
7. Required to learn and understand each position within the compounding process.8. Responsible for giving breaks and filling in on each position when required.
9. Required to complete the Mohawk Industrial powered lift truck class.10. Required to wear all required PPE to safely perform each task giving.
11. Required to lift up to 50lbs continuously for an 8 to 12hour shift. 12. Required to work in all possible weather conditions during load and unloading of raw materials.
13. Required to travel up and down 3 flights of stairs.14. Required to complete Mohawk Ladder Safety Class and sling and Hoist class.
15. Operator may be required to stand for 12hours continuously. 16. Required to complete any and all task giving by the lead / supervisor.
17. The housekeeping of the compounding line and all exterior areas associated with the compounding department.18. To carry out any and all requests of management to ensure first of all a SAFE operation that produces a compound that is in spec and is delivered as needed in a timely manner.
19. Responsible for the loading and unloading of bulk raw material20. Required to complete Mohawk LOTO training Class.
Basic skills Required : Basic computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Word etc. Basic Math skills, the ability to learn product testing requirements.
Simple Lab Testing Equipment) Basic Mechanical Skills.Education and Knowledge : Production and processing -Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Experience : Previous machine operating preferred, not required. Previous compounding experience preferred, not required.
Competencies : Good personal time management, Good communication skills, written and verbal.
Associates Supervised : Direct IndirectSalaried Direct IndirectHourly Direct IndirectTotalOther Pertinent Job Information : Must be Physically able to perform the above task, must be able to work in a team environment.
Disclaimer : The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world.
Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring.
Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements.
Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability / veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Req Id : 28608