HIRING FOR SEVERAL FACILITIES IN SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN - Housing assistance provided for out-of-region candidates.
Temporary RN Trinity Senior Communities
Trinity Senior Communities has an immediate need for Registered Nurses to work all shifts in sub-acute skilled nursing facilities.
We are paying above market wages and can provide housing assistance accommodations.
The registered nurse is a collaborative member / leader of the care team and is accountable for practicing both the art and science of nursing, delivering care as prescribed by the American Nurses Association (ANA) Standards of Practice and Professional Performance.
In addition, registered nurses are accountable to practice in accordance with the standards established / endorsed by Trinity Senior Communities leadership and by external regulators and accreditation agencies.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
2. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensure / Certification :
1. Active license to practice nursing in the State of Michigan.
2. Certification by a nationally recognized nursing organization is preferred.
3. Membership in a professional nursing organization is preferred.
4. BCLS for all inpatient bedside care areas, and inpatient and outpatient surgical services required within 45 days from date of hire or transfer.
5. ACLS for specified care areas as follows : AICU, CCU, PACU, cath lab, ambulatory surgery, emergency department, radiology / special procedures, endoscopy required within 6 months from date of hire or transfer.
6. ENPC and TNCC for specified care areas as follows : emergency department, clinical decision unit and critical care NRP required within 12 months from date of hire or transfer.
7. NRP for specified care areas as follows : labor and delivery, neonatal intensive care required within 12 months from date of hire or transfer.
8. Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (EFM-c) is required for specified areas as follows : Labor and Delivery, Antenatal, and Maternal-Fetal Medicine, required within the first 12 months from date of hire or transfer.
9. NIH Stroke Scale for specified care areas such as follows : AICU, CCU, emergency department, critical care NRP, and neuroscience required within 6 months of date of hire or transfer.
10. FIM credentialing for specified care areas such as follows : inpatient rehabilitation required within 6 months of hire or transfer.
Experience : Two years experience in a health care related field preferred.
Special Skill / Aptitudes :
1. Continuously seeks opportunities to improve the quality of patient care delivery through innovative and creative resolution finding, becoming expert at point of care resolution through use of critical thinking.
2. Demonstrates responsiveness to needs of patients, other care team members, and self.
3. Ability to serve as a teacher, mentor, and coach to patients, students, new nurses, peers, other colleagues, and staff, to advance the profession of nursing and optimize patient outcomes.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize, in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to use and effectively integrate positive communication approaches to meet diverse patient needs, optimize resources, and adapt care processes to accommodate changing patient acuity and unit needs.
6. Ability to use critical thinking, logic and reasoning to address complex situations.
7. Excellent interpersonal service skills necessary in order to form and maintain positive relationships with customers and other healthcare professionals.
8. Ability to use and effectively integrate positive communication approaches to meet diverse patient needs, optimize resources, and adapt care processes to accommodate changes in the healthcare environment.
9. Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups.
Duties / Responsibilities :
1. Provides patient care that reflects respect for patients' rights, dignity, values, culture preferences, and expressed needs and attention to providing comfort, relieving pain, and alleviating anxiety.
2. Demonstrates principles of Relationship-based Care to cultivate and maintain therapeutic relationships as a means to optimal healing and collegial functioning as interdisciplinary care team members.
3. Utilizes research and evidence-based practice in the delivery of care, to advance nursing practice, and to improve nurse and patient satisfaction, and quality of care.
4. Implements care in accordance with the multi-disciplinary plan of care collaborating with and delegating appropriately to other care team members as needed.
5. Uses and effectively integrates technology to support nursing care and practice.
6. Uses data and evidence to drive decisions at point of care that improve and optimize care delivery, clinical outcomes, and patient and nurse satisfaction.
7. Actively engages and participates in resource planning to advance nursing practice, quality of care, and nurse and patient satisfaction, through staffing, acuity response, supply management and budget planning.
8. Actively engages and participates in unit-based and other committees and initiatives that promote patient and workplace safety, optimal clinical outcomes, and satisfaction.
9. Supports and participates in nursing shared governance and interdisciplinary decision-making.
10. Seeks and incorporates feedback concerning improvement in oneÆs own practice, through participation in peer review nursing case review, and self-appraisal.