Department : Flight Operations Support
Reports To : Manager of International Flight Clearance
The Operations Assistants are responsible for receiving, processing, and transmitting flight data information at the direction of the International Flight Clearance Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
1. Receive Flight Log Sheet
2. Audit Flight Log Sheets for correct, readable entry of Flight Operation Information
3. Ensure that copies of audited log sheets are distributed to Quality Assurance (OCCQA)
4. Enter Log Sheet information into the MISA and ASTRO systems.
5. Collect and save flight paperwork electronically.
6. Answer all incoming phone calls, if necessary transfer call to appropriate party, record aircraft movement information, update flight information in MISA and ASTRO, and send movement messages to appropriate parties
7. Update Manuals with Revisions as required.
8. Perform Daily Fuel Data entries.
9. Additional Duties as required by Manager of Flight Operations Support
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE :
High school graduate; some college and / or technical school desirable. Must have good working knowledge of world geography, air cargo / aircraft ground operations.
Ability to read, write and understand spoken and written English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to give verbal and written direction to assigned staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to use a computer terminal, telephone and l0-key calculator. The employee is required to stand, walk, and
climb / descend stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is in an office environment with heating and cooling.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.