Traveling Associate - More than your bank. Your banker.
Monday - Friday 8 : 00 a.m. - 5 : 00 p.m.
General Summary :
Under general supervision, but in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures, cash checks, receive deposits, and perform a variety of transactions as requested by the client.
Responsible for balancing each day’s transactions, and maintaining cash drawer. Provides quality client service. Answers general questions regarding Bank products / services, recommends additional services to clients and makes referrals accordingly.
Travels and works in offices that are experiencing staffing shortages on the Teller line.
This position requires the associate to drive on behalf of the Bank and the associate must adhere to Bank's Motor Vehicle Guidelines.
All associates at Capital City Bank have access to confidential client information, and must practice discretion at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Recommends and refers additional Bank services and products, retaining a working knowledge of all Bank services and products to the extent that the majority of client inquiries are easily and accurately answered.
2. Accepts deposits and withdrawals from clients on business, personal and savings accounts.
3. Accepts checks for cashing or paying, and verifies endorsements and funds.
4. Sells Official Checks and Travelers Checks.
5. Accepts consumer / commercial and other bank loan payments.
6. Works deposits from night depository.
7. Balances money in drawer with Teller machine daily.
8. Opens and closes Teller window in accordance with procedures.
9. Completes Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and hold forms as required.
10. Attends meetings as required.
11. Issues cash advances.
12. One year commitment to position is required, before internal posting for other positions within the bank is permitted.
Employer determines the essential functions of the job.
All associates must understand and adhere to the non-negotiable Banker Standards and commit to practicing SGNNT at all times.
Associates will consistently follow policies and procedures as established by Capital City Bank.
Associated Duties :
Provides additional support to manager and department colleagues.
Completes all assigned / required Bank training within established timelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Required :
The following KSAs are usually acquired through high school education with specialized business training course(s) and / or three to twelve months cash handling experience :
1. Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and interact positively with clients as well as fellow associates.
3. Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures requiring some judgement.
4. Requires concentration to avoid mistakes in counting cash.
5. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using various business machines and / or computers.
6. Ability to apply initiative and work with little supervision.
7. Ability to exercise sound and reasonable judgment.
8. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
9. Ability to print legibly and accurately on forms and records.
10. Sales experience is preferable, particularly in cross-marketing products and services.
11. Must have attained the age of 18 for coverage under insurance bond.
12. Must adhere to Bank's Motor Vehicle Guidelines.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred, but not required. Relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement.
Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program is a plus.
Working Conditions :
1. Travel to various offices. Driving as required by position.
2. Regular contact with clients, associates and supervisor.
3. Some handling of heavy coins.
4. Receiving currency from all sources causes environment to be slightly unclean.
In the rare instance of a major or extensive natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic occurrence, or other disruption within our footprint, it may be necessary for associates to relocate or telecommute before, during or after, to ensure business continuity.
Capital City Bank associates are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits :
EOE / Protected Veterans / Disabled / Drug Free
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. This job description does not restrict Capital City Bank from the ability to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
This job description describes the current assignment of essential functions. These functions may change at any time as the needs of the Bank or department change or for other reasons deemed appropriate.
EOE / Protected Veterans / Disable / Drug Free