RN Cardiology Contingent Days Sinai-Grace Hospital
TheRegistered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team. TheRegistered Nurse is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing careby the nursing team.
The RN manages and provides patient care activities for agroup of patients and their families through application of independentjudgment, communication and collaboration with all team members includingancillary and support services.
The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMCencompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The RN establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physiciansand other health care providers to achieve desired patient outcomes throughoutthe continuum of care.
The RN delegates, assesses, provides and evaluatespatient care. The RN assesses, monitors and evaluates patient status byobserving the patient, noting data collected by other team members andanalyzing this information to independently develop a plan of nursing carewhich is implemented by the care delivery team under the supervision of the RN.
The RN provides and delegates patient care activities to team members basedupon patient needs and team member skills / abilities and supervises the deliveryof care by other team members.
The RN evaluates patient response to treatmentand nursing interventions and if needed, revises the plan of care. The RNmonitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge, utilizingestablished clinical pathways.
The RN reports directly to senior unitmanagement, participates in shared decision-making activities and establishesrelationships with professionals in other healthcare and communityorganizations to develop strong partnerships that support improved patientoutcomes and the health of the community served.
GENERAL DUTIES : 1. Supervises,including assignment and evaluation of subordinate team members, and providespatient care on a daily basis.
evaluatestheir performance post hire; and is authorized to issue work improvement plansto subordinates. 3. Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of BusinessConduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities.
4. Complieswith approved policies, procedures, guidelines and standards as established bythe DMC and its associated facilities.
5. Demonstrates an understanding of anda commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership,privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
6. Completes mandatory educationand training as defined by the DMC and the specific employer-facility. 7.Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with establishedpolicies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
8.Demonstrates a commitment to improving the work environment throughparticipation in meetings, timely and effective communication and anembracement of cultural diversity.
PRINICIPAL / ESSENTIAL DUTIES : 1. Utilizesvarious strategies to assess patient, family, employee and environment of carestrengths and weaknesses to determine appropriate action plan(s) 2.
Develops adetailed plan of care, which includes patient / family education, based oninitial and on-going assessment findings to optimize patient outcomes.
3.Communicates with patients, families, subordinate staff and peers to ensurethat plans and associated interventions are understood, operationalized andrevised, as appropriate.
4. Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employeesand intervenes as appropriate to ensure that the plan of care is carried outand that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriateutilization of human, material and financial resources.
5. Evaluates theeffectiveness of plans and interventions to promote optimum achievement ofestablished goals. 6. Collaborates formally and informally with other membersof the healthcare team, including facility and DMC representatives, to identifyopportunities for improvement and develop strategies for enhancing clinicalpractice.
7. Establishes relationships with professionals in other healthcareand community organizations to develop strong partnerships that supportimproved patient outcomes and the health of the community served.
8. Providessupervision, including guidance, counseling, teaching and mentoring, totargeted peers and subordinates to enhance learning experiences and improve theprofessional practice environment within the designated work setting.
1. Graduationfrom an accredited school of nursing. 2. BSN preferred.
3. Licensed to practiceas a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
Cardio / Coronary / Tele