A Meat Helper is responsible for receiving, stocking, packaging and displaying meat product in the store Meat Department.
Another key responsibility for a Meat Helper is to greet and assist customers at the meat counter.
MEAT HELPER DUTIES
Key duties include, but are not limited to, the following :
1. Wrap and package all meat products in the appropriate tray or container.
2. Create space for weekly ad promotions and plan for the display of merchandise in the display cases.
3. Keep meat cases stocked and ensure product is properly rotated and discarded if out of date.
4. Update weekly prices and labeled merchandise.
5. Count and record merchandise for inventory purposes.
6. Change shelf tags and price markers.
7. Prepare backroom for receiving merchandise.
8. Unload trucks, sort cases for stocking, and inspect merchandise for damage.
9. Keep department clean and free of safety hazards.
10. Follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines as outlined by state and federal regulations.
1. Must be able to address customer concerns in a calm, courteous manner.
2. Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Basic math and reading skills.
4. Must be able to tolerate long periods of standing and walking.
5. Must be able to reach, twist, lift, bend, and squat repeatedly during a daily shift.
6. Must be able to tolerate variations in temperature and humidity.
Previous experience preferred