JOB DUTIES / KNOWLEDGE :
1. Conducts assessments and reassessments of the patient’s level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic procedures.
2. Plans, implements, and supervises an individualized therapeutic program designed to restore physical function, improve range of motion, strength, balance, coordination, endurance, or functional ability.
3. Coordinates and collaborates with the Rehab Director, or designed professional, to ensure integration of the therapeutic program in the plan of care.
4. Guides and teaches the patient in techniques, exercises, or precautions designed to improve range of motion, strength, balance, coordination, endurance, or functional ability.
5. Observes, records, and reports the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition or treatment.
Documents the extent of the patient’s involvement in the decision affecting his / her care.
6. Instructs other agency personnel and patients family members in activities of physical therapy in which they may safely and effectively assist the patient.
7. Participates in patient case conferences to coordinate the patient’s plan of care and promote positive therapeutic outcome.
8. Participates in continuous assessment and evaluation of the agency via Quarterly Record Review, or the quality Assurance / Improvement Program.
9. Supervises PTA treating evaluated patient and is available for phone conference.
10. Credentialed wound care Physical therapist participates in wound care per agency policy and procedure.
Sight and hearing sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication, ability to work a minimum of eight (8) hours per day while driving, standing, sitting, assisting patients movement, writing, and speaking.
JOB PERFORMANCE :
Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work
1. Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
2. Completes work, care and documentation with accuracy within agency time frames.
3. Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.
MISSION / AGENCY STANDARDS :
Demonstrates organizational awareness and commitment
1. Understands and appropriately applies the chain of command in relation to job position and supervision.
2. Knows and understands the agency mission in relation to own job position.
Observes confidentiality policy at all times
1. Protects and honors customer and coworker confidentiality.
2. Respects customers’ and coworkers’ right to privacy.
Observes attendance and attire polices
1. Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
2. Demonstrates cooperation with requests to meet agency needs.
3. Consistently adheres to agency dress code.
Complies with all other related policies, procedures and requests
1. Recommends and / or supports changes to policies and procedures.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to own job positon.
3. Adheres to policies and procedures. Honors requests of management for interim rules.
Conserves agency resources
1. Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment in a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
2. Maintains the work area to reduce the likelihood for safety hazards and to enhance its general appearance.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS :
Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and utilizes effective communication skills
1. Considers effects of words and actions on others.
2. Utilizes listening skills that indicate understanding and promote accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, motivations and feelings.
3. Recognizes the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accepts strengths and limitations in others.
4. Works toward resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
5. Recognizes when others are in need of information, assistance or direction and consistently offers and provides help.
6. Attends and participates positively in meetings.
7. Regularly reads and appropriately applies information to practice.
8. Uses words that express respect, patience and understanding in interactions with others.
9. Acknowledges other verbally and nonverbally (eye contact, expression, tone of voice), promptly and courteously.
10. Follows appropriate phone etiquette.
Exhibits behaviors of cooperation
1. Develops cooperation and collaborative work efforts that in general benefits all involved parties.
2. Demonstrates the initiative to meet the needs of the agency by assisting coworkers when load permits.
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT :
Continuing education and personal / professional development responsibilities
1. Maintains personal health status requirement in relation to job position
2. Maintains professional licensure / certification (if applicable).
3. Maintains current personnel file information and provides information to agency in timely manner.
4. Sets own development challenges and volunteers to learn.
5. Assists with orientation of new personnel.
6. Adheres to agency infection control and safety polices, including education, reporting, and practice implementation specific to job position.
7. Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill requirements of position and agency polices.
Exhibits adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior
1. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and / or stressful conditions.
2. Recognizes codependency issues in care giving roles and exercises caution in relationship to maintain objectivity.
3. Develops work relationships that honor and respect others’ strengths and abilities.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE :
Service Excellence 50% of yearly evaluation
1. Shows courtesy, compassion and respect.
2. Communicates with all individuals appropriately, while maintaining confidentiality.
3. Contributes to teamwork, and harmonious working relationships.
4. Supports and demonstrates continuous improvement of quality and service.
5. Shares ideas and suggestions.
6. Participates in projects.
7. Participates in problem solving.
8. Reports problems, unusual events appropriately.
9. Demonstrates behavior that promotes professionalism and self-development.
10. Participates in educational programs / seminars.
11. Promotes cost consciousness.
12. Displays professional appearance.
13. Promotes professional environment, including emphasis on cleanliness and safety.