JOB SUMMARY :
To provide and maintain high standards of customer service throughout the front end operations. To supervise and direct all front end personnel and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1) Promote customer goodwill by providing high standards of customer service.
2) Supervise and schedule activities of front-end personnel to ensure consistent application of high customer courtesy standards.
3) Prepare and maintain effective work schedules for front-end personnel to keep customer inconvenience to a minimum.
4) Enforce store policy as it relates to front end operations and assist store managers with discipline of front end associates who fail to abide by company policies and procedures.
5) Delegate responsibilities to cashiers as prescribed by store management.
6) Conduct training programs for new associates, as well as associates already on board.
7) Assist cashiers with price checks.
8) Keep store management and scan coordinator informed of all pricing problems.
9) Assist customers with returned merchandise, over rings, and overcharges.
10) Approve customer checks and enforce check cashing policies.
11) Maintain a regular cleaning schedule and overall good housekeeping of the front end.
12) Order and control front end supplies (register paper, ribbons, etc.)
13) Greet and customers and be observant of people in the store.
14) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1) Provide for proper staffing of Service Center and provide proper training for Acting Customer Service Supervisor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
1) Strong oral and written communication skills for dealing with customers, employees, and Vendors.
2) Strong analytical and mathematics skills for conducting accurate audits.
3) Must be knowledgeable in federal and state child labor laws regarding employment of individuals under the age of 18.