Department : BanquetsReports to : Banquets General Manager FLSA Status : Non-exempt Job Status : Year Round, Full Time Hours : Varies, evenings, holidays Updated : 1.
15.2017 Job Summary : Contribute to the success of the Banquets department by assisting manager in execution and oversight of event operations, service standards, safety and financial success.
Supervise activities and assist employees as directed by manager. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned : 1. Assist in managing a team of 20-
from hiring through termination, as well as all Company policies & procedures.3. Enforce safety standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
4. Ensure customers and employees are treated courteously, safely and efficiently.5. Maintain clean and orderly food and beverage facilities at all times.
Assure compliance with all health and food, CFRA regulations.6. Assist with menu planning. Manage inventory and stocking of front of house items.
7. Issues written and oral instructions.8. Run an banquet / event of up to 200+ guests while executing banquet order specifics while coordinating a team of staff.
9. Works collaboratively with cross functional managers, conference planners, and culinary staff to ensure guest satisfaction is achieved consistently.
10. Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.11. Perform or assist subordinates in performing duties.
Competencies and Job Requirements : Required : 1. Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization.
2. Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.3. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with others4.
Working knowledge of computers including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and POS system5. Able to lead and direct employees and serve customers under intense conditions.
or equivalent combination of education and experience 3. 2-3 years supervisory experience4. Must have current and valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Preferred1. Bachelor’s Degree Physical Requirements : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell, and taste.
Must be capable of walking or standing 95% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions : Indoor / Outdoor : While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials / Noise : The noise level in the work place is usually loud. Occasional exposure to fumes, odors, and gases.
Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards.
Occasional exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards.Equipment Used in Job : Varies Description